Storing cgi data in stacks

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Wed Feb 18 15:48:59 EST 2004

Le mer 18/02/2004 à 15:07, Richard MacLemale a écrit :

--snip--

> I'm starting to look at more online calendar stuff and I'm wondering if I
> can get away with using metacard stacks instead of learning MySQL.  Stacks
> are, well, so much more fun to work with.  I'll learn and use MySQL if I
> have to, but it looks like a pain in the ass compared to just making a
> stack.  The stuff I'm looking at is for small group use - not something
> that's going to be hit a kabillion times from the web.

Richard,

Please, don't never spend time in binding MC/Rev to MySQL 3.23. MySQL is
not a real DB server (don't contain any transactions management engine)
and all it can perform (without crashing) will always be better done
inside MC/Rev (even, if needed in connecting the stacks to flat-files).
Else, you will get very good results too, in conecting MC/Rev to
rock-solid real ORDBMS (PostgreSQL, Sybase ASE, Oracle or, even,
OpenBase...).

--
Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

100, rue de Paris
F - 77140 Nemours

psahores at easynet.fr

GSM:   +33 6 03 95 77 70
Pro:   +33 1 41 60 52 68
Dom:   +33 1 64 45 05 33
Fax:   +33 1 64 45 05 33

Inspection académique de Seine-Saint-Denis
Applications et SGBD ACID SQL (WEB et PGI)
Penser et produire "delta de productivité"