devolution available

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Dec 10 01:07:16 EST 2004

Wilhelm Sanke wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Nov 2004, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>> While the "official" release of devolution isn't until next week, you
>> folks can download it today:
>>
>> <http://www.fourthworld.com/products/devolution/dev.html>
>>

>> Please send any bug reports to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>

>> Enjoy!
>>
>> --
>>  Richard Gaskin
>>  Fourth World Media Corporation
>

> Unfortunately I deleted the corresponding post containing the email
> address and I had to resort to the archives where the addresses are
> "protected". Therefore I use the list to send a brief feedback:

My email address is also on the Contact page at my site, if you need it
in the future.

> Congratulations at first for providing us which such an assembly of
> tools. I need some time to be able to assess all the different features
> and there usability.
>
> One thing, though, which I noticed first, the "4W Object Browser" has
> the same problems with displaying groups and their indented controls -
> both with Metacard and Revolution - caused by changed features of the
> engine since version 2.6.1 (Metacard version). As the Object Browser is
> password-protected I could not see what causes this deficit, but I
> assume it could be remedied along the lines I have proposed for the
> Metacard Control Browser.

I must be slow:  I thought this was an engine bug, no?  If it is I'd
rather fix it in the engine than patch the IDE and then patch it back
once the engine is fixed.  If this is not an engine problem then I'll
drop in the patch code, but if it's not then why was it working before?

If it is a bug, what's the Bugzilla number so we can vote on it?

> Also I wonder why other features of the Control Browser - like raising
> and lowering of the layer of controls - are missing here.

I'll get to them when I get to them. :)