devolution available

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Sat Dec 4 23:28:11 EST 2004

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> While the "official" release of devolution isn't until next week, you
> folks can download it today:
>
> <http://www.fourthworld.com/products/devolution/dev.html>
>

> Please send any bug reports to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> Enjoy!
>
> --
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Fourth World Media Corporation

Unfortunately I deleted the corresponding post containing the email
address and I had to resort to the archives where the addresses are
"protected". Therefore I use the list to send a brief feedback:

Congratulations at first for providing us which such an assembly of
tools. I need some time to be able to assess all the different features
and there usability.

One thing, though, which I noticed first, the "4W Object Browser" has
the same problems with displaying groups and their indented controls -
both with Metacard and Revolution - caused by changed features of the
engine since version 2.6.1 (Metacard version). As the Object Browser is
password-protected I could not see what causes this deficit, but I
assume it could be remedied along the lines I have proposed for the
Metacard Control Browser.

Also I wonder why other features of the Control Browser - like raising
and lowering of the layer of controls - are missing here.

Best regards,

Wilhelm Sanke
<www.sanke.org>