Another cosmetic improvement proposal for version 2.6b7

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Fri Aug 27 20:52:29 EDT 2004

Hallo Wilhelm,

> When the Metacard IDE starts the menubar (on Windows) appears right at
> the upper border of the screen.
>
> A new created stack then appears with its decorations exactly behind
> the
> Metacard Menu Bar. When you want to work on it, which would be normally
> the case, you first have to drag away the MenuBar and then the new
> stack
> to another convenient position.

Yes, and most of the time the title bar is offscreen, big fun!

> I propose we should change the script of btn "File" of the Metacard
> Menu Bar in such a way
> that the new stack appears at the screenloc or at least somewhat down
> relative to the
> position of stack "home" and "mctools".
>

> This would have to be changed in the script of btn "File":
>
> "on menuPick which
>   switch which
>   case "New Stack"
>     create stack
>     set the loc of the topstack to the screenloc"
>
> i.e. the last line is the added line.

Good idea :-)

Shameless plug:
Did you try my new "2lz3" for Metacard?
A nice replacement for the "Tools2 palette,
just like my old "heim2", but much more improved :-)

It does exactly that, and much more...

Get it here:
http://www.major-k.de/staxx/MAC2lz3.sit

And here (will work for *Nix, too):
http://www.major-k.de/staxx/WIN2lz3.zip

The difference is just a tiny cosmetic one...

> Regards,
>
> Wilhelm Sanke
>
> <http://www.sanke.org>

Regards und schönen Abend noch :-)