Rev file selection in MC_IDE

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Wed Aug 18 23:39:05 EDT 2004

There is not much exchange of information on the Metacard list at
present, quite contrary to what is happening on the two other runrev
lists. The last digest was sent on Aug 9.

My post "Resumed: MC IDE v2.6b7 package" of 10 days ago (Sun Aug 8) did
not elicit any responses so far. There is of course no kind of urgency
involved, we have enough time at hand to solve certain issues and answer
questions. I just wanted to re-attract your attention to the
proposals/questions contained in post "Resumed.....".-

An additional question:

In the Rev IDE the "open file dialog" (on Windows) has a separate option
to display all Metacard files, however such an option is missing in the
MC_IDE for Revolution files.
As - for various reasons - I usually have a mixture of Rev and MC files
in my directories I have for quite some time added such an Revolution
option in stack "mctools". Moreover, the "All Files" option, which you
at present need to choose Rev stacks, displays any kind of files, which
makes it sometimes very hard to find the Rev stacks among the multitude
of text, image, zip-files etc.

To add a rev file option to the MC_IDE only one line of button "File" of
group "Metacard Menu Bar" has to be changed, namely in "case 'open'" the
line following
"case 'Win32'" to

"put "MetaCard Stacks" & cr & "*.mc" & cr & "Revolution Stacks" & cr &
"*.rev" & cr & "All Files" & cr & "*.*" into filterstring"

Do you think this would be a valuable enough change or should such a
change better be left to individual initiative? Of course only Windows
user would be affected, and my impression is that most members of the
Metacard list are Mac users.

Anyway, best regards

Wilhelm Sanke
http://www.sanke.org