Proposed Icons for MC

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Wed Aug 4 10:54:07 EDT 2004

>  > We might want to give some thought to image IDs, for Rev compatibility
>>  where practical and to avoid conflicts with current images IDs.
>>  Suggestions?
>
>Well, I'm fine with changing the IDs of the current images in MC, but keep
>in mind that this may conflict with other people's icons (i.e. they may have
>provided their own replacements and now they won't work). I honestly don't
>think that anyone created images in that ID range for other purposes
>(because they shouldn't have according to the MC docs), but I can see
>accidentally kaboshing people's answer/ask dialog replacement icons.
>
>Does anyone have any objection to me changing the IDs of the icons in the
>MetaCard IDE to use the same ID numbers as Rev uses for their icons of the
>same type/name?
>
>Or is there a better suggestion/approach?
>
>Ken Ray

While at it, you might want to fix the little issue of icons staying
put in the top location instead of sliding down if the dialog content
is long.

Using icon ids from Rev might be a good idea if it works as it would
ensure full compatibility between environments. People who happen to
used those ids will have to change their code when switching to this
version of IDE. I don't think it is too much to ask.

Robert Brenstein