Plug ins in MC 2.6b1

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Tue Apr 27 03:44:43 EDT 2004

I finally got to checking out the 2.6b1. A few issues:

The warning about mismatch of engine and mctools should show up
before plugins are handled and possibly offer an option to quit right
away.

When I get an error opening plugins, the execution stops and I see
the menu of Richard's plugins, none being operational of course.
Richard, you need to empty the menu for distribution. Further, the
script handling plugins should first build the menu before trying to
open or start using any plugins. And the opening/activating should
trap errors allowing it to skip the buggy ones and finish the cycle,
then report problems. As it is, I get an error from ide but have no
clue which plugin causes it.

Actually, after a little playing, it seems that I get error reported
for the following line for ANY plugin:

  if the cRevLoadInfo["load"] of stack tStackFile = "startup" then
open stack tStackFile

I am not sure what the error really is because of the other known
problem with error reporting, but it seems the error is "can't find
stack".

I'd suggest to distribute the read-me file in SimpleText rather than
Tex-Edit format. An old version of Tex-Edit I happened to have
burried somewhere on my disk uses some hand-writing type font in
small size, making the text almost ilegable.

And I think that the instructions should explicitely state which
version of Rev a given MC IDE needs.

Robert Brenstein