Plug ins in MC 2.6b1 and other questions

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Apr 21 17:50:09 EDT 2004

On 4/21/04 12:02 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Jacque likes the old one because it loads faster (has about 10-15% fewer
> tokens), which is useful for quick syntax checking while scripting.
>
> But I wonder if it would be worthwhile making another utility for that,
> a very lean index of tokens with just the params and a one-line summary
> of its use, with a button to open the full entry in the Dictionary if
> needed.
>
> Would that be useful?
> Anyone want to make it?

I wouldn't use it. It reminds me too much of RR's multiple-file help
system, which I don't like.

I'm open to replacing the old dictionary with the new, but I don't see
any reason to have more than one reference. The syntax for each command
is at the very top of the dictionary so it is easy to find, and if I
want to read a longer explanation then the material is already right
there; no extra clicks and loading involved.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com