Predefined data in Standalone Builder?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Apr 17 15:20:30 EDT 2004

Wilhelm Sanke wrote:

> When I open the Standalone Builder dialog of Metacard 2.6 - on Windows -
> other than in earlier versions the fields contain text that is (for me)
> totally unrelated to what I need when building a standalone from a
> specific stack that is currently the default stack, e.g. "textarrays.mc".
>
> Field "Stack name" contains "/Users/rg/Desktop/mm.mc",
> field "Metacard engine" as before "mc.exe",
> field "Standalone file name" contains "/Users/rg/Desktop/mmmm.exe",
> field "Application icon file" of "Set Windows version info" also
> contains  "/Users/rg/Desktop/mmmm.exe".
>
> Apart from field "Metacard engine" I have to substitute the text of the
> other fields with my own necessary data.

Yes, as with all versions of the IDE to date you would need to fill in
those fields anyway.

It would appear that old test data was left in when when I last saved.
While both harmless and needing to be replaced by the user anyway, to
avoid confusion I just replaced the file on Yahoo with a fresh build
saved after clearing those field.  I also cleared the data from the
older standalone builder also in the IDE (in case you want to run it
with an earlier version of the engine; it does a version check and opens
the appropriate one for you automatically).

Thanks for the report!

Do you have anything to report on the error issue?  That one's so
annoying a few of us have gone back to engine v2.5.1 for daily work
until we can resolve it.