erroneous error codes

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Apr 16 11:17:52 EDT 2004

J. Landman Gay wrote:
> On 4/15/04 10:31 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>> When using MC 2.6 (Rev 2.3 engine) all errors are first reported as
>> "Not an integer", and only when I dismiss the error dialog and repeat
>> the action that caused error do I get the proper error string.
>>
>> 1. Are you folks seeing the same thing?
>> 2. Have any of you taken the time to find out why?
>>
>> Using the older engine does not produce this issue, but Tuv tells me
>> the error codes have not changed.  Obviously something has, so if any
>> of you have some insight it'll help save some time in getting this
>> addressed.
>>

> I get the same thing, and it is driving me nuts. I assumed the codes had
> changed and that we could just dump in the new ones to fix it. If that
> isn't true, I'm not sure what to do from here.

It would require that someone take an hour to trace out what's
happening, both in v2.5.1 and v2.6.  I may get to it next week, but if
someone can help sooner it'd be much appreciated.

PS: I finished the functionality of the Plugin Manager as discussed here
last week, and will fold in Monte's revisions to the Standalone Builder
next week to be posted for review.