erroneous error codes

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Apr 16 08:29:43 EDT 2004

Brian Yennie wrote:

>> On 4/15/04 10:31 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>>
>>> When using MC 2.6 (Rev 2.3 engine) all errors are first reported as
>>> "Not an integer", and only when I dismiss the error dialog and repeat
>>> the action that caused error do I get the proper error string.
>>> 1. Are you folks seeing the same thing?
>>> 2. Have any of you taken the time to find out why?
>>> Using the older engine does not produce this issue, but Tuv tells me
>>> the error codes have not changed.  Obviously something has, so if any
>>> of you have some insight it'll help save some time in getting this
>>> addressed.
>>
>> I get the same thing, and it is driving me nuts. I assumed the codes
>> had changed and that we could just dump in the new ones to fix it. If
>> that isn't true, I'm not sure what to do from here.
 >
> Could it be that the error is actually rooted in the error dialog, which
> is reading some sort of property or global too soon, and then *cough* it
> gets the fresh one the second time?

Indeed it could. But keep in mind that this is happening without changes
to the IDE between versions of the engine.

So the question for the volunteer who has time to sleuth this out is:
What is different in the error code info or other engine-supplied data
between MC 2.5.1 and 2.6 that would cause this to happen?