MC IDE - developer tool additions - sugggestion

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Apr 1 15:53:58 EST 2004

Robert Brenstein wrote:
> Yet another consideration is an option to tell plugin manager to disable
> a given plugin (akin to extension manager in Mac OS), so it is skipped
> starting with the next launch. May be you've already planned this
> feature and just did not mention. This can also be accomplished by
> modifying the same property, me thinks.

You hit on a very important idea there, Robert, one that has not come up
before but is critical.
How about this:

Starting MC with the Shift key down will start without loading plugins
or libraries.

The Plugins menu will still be operational, but holding the Shift key
down when selecting an item will open it as toplevel and with
lockMessages set to true.

Sound good?