MC IDE - developer tool additions - sugggestion

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Apr 1 13:16:21 EST 2004

Chipp Walters wrote:

> Hi Scott, Richard,
>
> My altPluginsToolbar
> http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/altPluginCover/about.htm
>
> could be easily modified to support plugin management, along with
> self-updating plugins. I believe Richard said something about waiting
> for the next rev of the engine to start 'pluging-in' the MC IDE.
>
> I'd be more than happy to contribute.

Cool.  It would be great to run your altPlugins from within MetaCard,
and as long as they use native Transcript (without Rev-specific
libraries) they'll run great.

> Currently, I don't use MC at all (though I am/was a licensee). But,
> after talking a bunch w/ Richard, Jacque and Ken, I'm thinking once the
> new engine licensing is in place, I would consider moving over.
> Especially now that there are going to be plugins available for it.

The licensing is apparently a minor issue and soon to be addressed, so
dive on in. :)

> In fact, been talking w/ Jerry Daniels about perhaps coming out west for
> a revDevCon at FourthWorld this summer. Maybe we can get a bunch of us
> to meet in LA for a weekend of trick swapping! Anyone else interested?

That would be so cool.  I really enjoyed meeting you and Jery in SF,
perhaps the high point of the trip.  We could even move from our normal
weekday evening format to an all-day Saturday Transcript-fest.

Looking forward to seeing Jerry's toolkit deployed. The preview at the
Rev seminar looked great.