MC IDE - developer tool additions - sugggestion

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Apr 1 06:42:39 EST 2004

Scott Rossi wrote:

> On 3/31/04 10:34 PM, "Richard Gaskin" <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
>
>>>I have several pieces of code related to layout that might be useful
>>>additions to the MC IDE at some point.
>>
>>If they're for layout why not make them plugins so they can contribute
>>to all environments?
>
> That was the reason for my question about plugin support, so that the code
> snippets I wrote could be added as plugins.  I originally wrote the code
> because the functions are lacking in MC.  There's no reason the code
> couldn't be used in Rev, but the functions would be somewhat redundant.

Do you mean functions as in a code library, or functionality as in behavior?

A lot of plugins I write overlap in functionality with parts of both
IDEs, but I write 'em just the same because they add something to the
mix.  You might be surprised how useful your layout stuff might be among
the other 90% of Transcripters who use Rev -- sometimes a fresh take on
an old problem yields a tool of great value.