Unlock Screen Visual Effect Broken?

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Fri Sep 26 13:45:00 EDT 2003

   On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 , Scott Rossi wrote:

> Recently, "Dave Cragg"  wrote:
>
> >> I was curious if anyone else can confirm that unlock screen + visual effects
> >> is broken on Windows MC2.5.  I have two machines here on which I tried:
> >> lock screen
> >> if the vis of btn 1 then
> >> hide btn 1
> >> else show btn 1
> >> unlock screen with visual dissolve
> >> end mouseUp
> >> the button is hidden/shown.
> > > It works here with dontUseQTEffects set to true but not to false.
> > > I don't remember for sure, but I'd guess the QT effects weren't used
> > at all in 2.4.2.
>
> In fact, they were, since you get that roughly 5 second "initializing" delay
> before the first effect displays.
>
> But still, the QT effect transitions are apparently not working in 2.5.
> [sigh]
>
> Regards,
>
> Scott Rossi

I checked various versions of Metacard and Revolution (Windows 98).

The QT effect transitions work on all version from Metacard 2.4.2 to
2.5.1B3 (2.4.2, 2.4.3, 2.5, 2.5.1B3) and the Rev versions through 2.1.

Whether QT effects transitions work in connection with unlock screen
seems to depend on the type of the effect.
I only checked two effects:

- with the QT wipe effect you have to go back as far as  2.4.2 to see it
working with "unlock"

- a QT implode effect together with unlock works with *all* above
mentioned versions

Here the three scripts used for testing:

on mouseup
  answer effect
  put it into fld 2
end mouseup