Revolution and my license...

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Sep 17 06:44:00 EDT 2003

>OK - so how do I / can I get my license working in Rev? Besides the
>little 'ol problem of not knowing where I put it (i've been using my
>home stack)?
>
>I've got a license for 2.4.3 but not 2.5 yet... am I out or in luck :)

Unfortunately, David, you can't use the MC 2.4.3 key with newer 2.5 engines.

Are you talking about using MC key with Rev or Rev key with MC IDE?
The MC key works as before (tested with 2.5.1 engine): you enter it
on the license page. I can only presume (and it should be so) that
entering Rev key in that same spot will do the same magic. I have no
valid Rev key to try.

Entering MC key in Rev does not work. Rev asks you to enter the key
when you launch it first time.

BTW, the licensing stuff in MC IDE needs some textual adjustments to
accomodate its new status. I also wonder whether requesting key from
MC Corp should be removed or left for now.

Robert Brenstein