Revolution and my license...

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Sep 16 19:18:00 EDT 2003

David Bovill wrote:

> OK - so how do I / can I get my license working in Rev? Besides the
> little 'ol problem of not knowing where I put it (i've been using my
> home stack)?

Rev and MC use different license keys, so you can only use a given ky in its
respective IDE.

> I've got a license for 2.4.3 but not 2.5 yet... am I out or in luck :)

My understanding is that anyone who renews their MC license after the
acquisition will get a Rev key, with an MC key available on request.  I
don't know what the policy is for those who are current but upgraded prior
to the acquisition, nor the implications lapsed licenses.

Given Rev's interest in getting MC users excited about using the Rev IDE,
I'd be surprised if there wasn't some means for current MC licence holders
to get a Rev key.