space

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Sep 12 12:51:01 EDT 2003

David Bovill wrote:

> It would be wrong to limit the open source project *too* much at this
> early stage - who knows what form the project will be taking on in 12
> months - it could stay the same or it could grow. I agree with Robert
> that we have nothing to loose by aiming a bit higher.

The degree to which we expand the scope of the MC IDE project is the degree
to which this question becomes relevant:

If we are to put significant effort into improving the quality of life for
Transcript coders, why limit the audience to the relatively very small
subset who use the MC IDE?

Dual-use options seem optimal for all.  There are a great many very smart,
experienced people with a demonstrated interest in producing free software
who use only Rev.  Those enhancements that work in both IDEs benefit from
the combined brainpower available to both camps.