space

David Bovill david at anon.nu
Fri Sep 12 09:06:00 EDT 2003

Richard Gaskin wrote:

>> If someone's willing to pay for a neutral host with more space for at
>> least
>> a few years I'm game to use it.

OK - so I'll set this up by the weekend.

Robert Brenstein wrote:

> If we really stick to distributing just MC IDE, then sure, 20 mb will
> suffice.

It would be wrong to limit the open source project *too* much at this
early stage - who knows what form the project will be taking on in 12
months - it could stay the same or it could grow. I agree with Robert
that we have nothing to loose by aiming a bit higher.

Yes it is much better to start with a clearly defined practical and
manageable project - which we have with the job of keeping the MC IDE
minimal.

The issue of the practicality of simple FTP access is solved by setting
up a web site, pointing a subdomain of metacard.com (the issue of what
name to be used can be settled independently) - we have this list and I
can arrange for the Sourceforge account to mirror the ftp site so that
those that the option of using CVS and related tools are there for those
that want it.