Open Source Licence (LGPL or GPL)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Sep 9 14:57:00 EDT 2003

David Bovill wrote:

> Richard Gaskin wrote:
>> Robert Brenstein wrote:
>>>
>>> Creating distribution packages, as Scott used to do, may not be worth
>>> the effort for this group, but it may be desirable to have an option
>>> to make engines available on IDE web site for a single-stop
>>> downloading. We do not have to have them, but...
>>

>> A link to Rev's engine download page would be essential.
>>

> I have noticed a regular set of posts requiring after a particular
> version of th MC engine on a particular platform. I recall that someone
> is hosting an archive of sorts somewhere - and I would have thought that
> the best place to put this was on this free shared web site (everything
> in one place).
>
> We have 100MB of space.

The MC IDE will be at SourceForge, on Scott's recommendation.

The engine is available at RunRev.com, and since releases of the engine and
releases of the MC IDE will not likely coincide it seems simpler to keep the
download small by not including the engine.

Additionally, keeping the open source IDE distro separate from the
proprietary engine clarifies potential misunderstanding about license
applicability.

Am I overlooking somethimg?