MC 2.4.3 on Mac OS X 10.3 Panther

Karl Becker karl at karlbecker.com
Wed Oct 29 08:18:20 EST 2003

On Wednesday, October 29, 2003, at 07:15 AM, Shari wrote:

>> Has anyone tested MetaCard 2.4.3 on Mac OS X 10.3?  Gotten any
>> problems with it?
>>
>> I'm planning on switching over, and don't have a newer version of
>> MetaCard or Revolution yet, so I'm really hoping 2.4.3 plays fine
>> with Panther.
>>
>> Anyone have good/bad experience?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Karl
>
> Karl,
>
> I'm using Metacard 2.4.3 on OSX 10.2.  I think it's a version of
> Panther but I'm on another system at the moment so I can't verify.

Hi Shari,

actually, Panther refers to Mac OS X 10.3.  If you're running 10.2,
that's Jaguar.

> Only major problem is that the script editor windows have a quirky
> resize bug.  I stuck a snippet of script in to fix it and all seems to
> be well.  I've heard that MC 2.5 squishes that bug.

Indeed it does.  I'll be upgrading sometime, but I need some cash or -
hopefully - I could win a Rev license from the uDevGame contest this
year.

Speaking of which - this is off-topic - have you ever considered
entering the uDevGame contest, Shari?