Getting drag and drop to copy (not cut) dragged text

depstein at att.net depstein at att.net
Mon Oct 27 17:08:54 EST 2003

Thanks very much.  Dave Cragg found the message I was missing: "dragEnd."

It makes sense that after a "dragDrop" has happened there's a "dragEnd" sent
back to the dragSource, since MC's default behavior needs to react to the
user's choice of drag destination, and either leave or delete the dragged
text in the unlocked source field.  So anything I do to that source field in
the dragDrop handler will be undone by MC's automatic response to "dragEnd."
By trapping dragEnd, I can control the fate of the source field.

David Epstein

---