Getting drag and drop to copy (not cut) dragged text

depstein at att.net depstein at att.net
Sat Oct 25 23:33:57 EDT 2003

In case anybody's puzzling over my question (below), here's what further reflection suggested to
me:

Metacard adjusts the source field after the dragDrop handler has been run.  So my effort to
override its adjustment can't take place in the dragDrop handler.  Things work if I move my
repair work to a command "restoreTheSourceField", and put

send "restoreTheSourceField" to this stack in 1 tick

in my dragDrop handler.

David Epstein