opening stacks with a relative path

Thomas Robinson robinson at uleth.ca
Thu Oct 23 08:56:20 EDT 2003

I have set a number of stacks as stack files of a main stack (using the
"stack files" option in the stack inspector for the main stack. These
files show a file path as "data/" followed by the proper file name. Yet
when my script in the main stack makes reference to these stacks in the
data folder, I get a message "Can't find stack." As I understand it, I am
using relative paths (which is possible once the path files are specified
in the "stack files" screen of the main stack. NOTE: these files in the
data folder are main stacks, not substacks of the primary main stack.
Can I not simply call these files by their names to open them?
Tom Robinson