RTF Format

Dan Shafer dan at eclecticity.com
Thu May 22 17:29:25 EDT 2003

Ken Ray wrote:

>Really, Dan? I'm not getting that here.

You did the opposite of what I was describing, I think. Outputting RTF from the RTFText of a field does seem to work. But I created a file in Word (also one in TextEdit in OS X), saved it, then set the RTFText of a Rev field to that file and got the results I reported.

Since it is obviously a terrible idea to compose long texts inside RR, my question is how to prepare nicely formatted text in a full-blown text/word processor that can then, when imported into RR, look as much as possible like the original text. So far, at least, my answer is, "You can't do that."