Various Problems

MisterX x at monsieurx.com
Thu May 22 16:49:01 EDT 2003

Hi Max7,

a warm welcome...

1 - never had so many items! But this may help: menus with 100 items are not
practical. Think of using an index palette (like the one in the help menu of
your mctools menubar (win) or mac menu). Another trick is to subdivide those
into submenus (hierarchical menu) - I got some nice examples in my script
editor (i think you are capable of finding the code by the level of your
questions - some. Lastly, avoid menu commandskeys (save/s) because they tend
to screw up some '-' menu items that follow (watch for those, i mean) -
remove all optional characters from the menu and retry). I've never had a
problem with a 100 items + many many subitems...

2 - Never printed with MC! ;) Im paperless, what can I say! There's always a
better way to avoid cutting trees!
3 - Windows is not a Mac. Now, after Exchange, Im stuck with Lotus notes -
it sucks and you can't even edit icons "intuitively" or at all! ;((
    There was a previous post in the last 2 month that was GREAT which you
can find in the archives (last link in these emails) which
    explains it all - I also believe microangelo (a great icon utility for
windows) handles that lame 16 color icon format.
4 - Windows Sucks, Mac has this feature off - Microsfot doesn't know how to
copy with "rigueur" at ALL is the truth!!!
     BUT, with a autorun.ini file in your cd's root, you can auto-launch an
installer stack that should eventually
     run a batch that can transparently unlock those files - which is not so
easy to do on Macs... ;) Go figure!

Enjoy!
Xavier
http://monsieurx.com