Script Editor

MisterX x at monsieurx.com
Sat May 17 06:25:01 EDT 2003

Alain, Sadhunathan, everyone,

I might be misunderstood (lots of times) but the software I
put in the Script Editor has lots of uses. The best example
for this occasion is the collapsible index of functions. It
was part of the plan to have comments briefed in there too
(but then how big must the index window be? Inpractical I
thought)... Also the contraction handler wouldn't be nice to
program - it isn't nice at all actually but it sure would be
lots nicer than tracking comments "anywhere" in a script.

Tilt!

Then again, now I rethink of it, you could have a right pane
comment  window... Like the ruler  window  which  is
non-intrusive. This would simplify the extraction and
positioning of comments and also help keep them in synch
with the script really easy - basically, you clone the line
numbers, make it editable, add the scrollsynch to the other
fields and voila!

Last touch would be the read and save of the comments to a
customproperty of the scriptobject.

Circa 10 minutes work! If I hear 5 requests by tomorow
night, I will upload SE X 1.5.6 by Sunday morning with a
bunch of new features I've added since the last release
1.5.2 of SE X. Quite a few blatant bug fixes no one mentioned
which basically meant no one is using it! That nearly
discouraged me.

As I made this software open-source, and with the spirit to
sharing the benefits, I'll be glad if you share your efforts
for a renewed release of the script editor both for Alain's
OpenCard effort and for inclusion in the Script Editor X.

What good is a shared effort if no one can benefit right?

Cheers
Xavier
http://monsieurx.com
RADical tools for your productivity