List echo

Heather Williams heather at runrev.com
Tue May 13 12:03:01 EDT 2003

>> Hi
>>
>> Anyone else noticed a list echo on this list lately? I keep seeing the same
>> posts a couple of days later?.
>
> Yes. But not all the posts, just some of them. Strange.

It's a function of list moderation :-). What happens, you see, is that
occasionally people forget to post from the same address they're subscribed
with. This results in their mail being held for moderation. During the week
I normally get round to approving the post quite quickly and noone is any
the wiser. At weekends however, the post gets held over, and the postee may
get impatient and repost from their "proper" address. Then, on Monday
morning, I come along and approve all the posts that have been held over the
weekend...

To avoid this problem, I recommend that anyone of an absentminded
disposition, or indeed, anyone without the mind of a well regulated robot,
subscribe *all* their email addresses to the list, and set all but one to
nomail. This way, you can post from any address, but will only get the posts
sent to you once.

Regards

Heather (who quietly listmoms this list too, yes indeedy)

--
Heather Williams <heather at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Ltd.