Comment with parsimony (was something else)

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Mon May 12 23:10:01 EDT 2003

> I sometimes code functions which are called from all over the place, and
> usually I try and put a comment inside the function regarding where it's
> being called from...just in case I change it later, I want to
> know what the
> possible 'impact' is. Currently it's difficult for me to find all
> 'referring' handlers to a function (any ideas anyone?)

Firstly I should state that if you need to know where you call a function
from it's poor design. That implies tight coupling between the function and
calling script. That being said I'd guess you could search through the
object heirarchy to find calls. Probably matchChunk to find functionname(.

Regards

Monte