Comment with parsimony (was something else)

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon May 12 22:31:01 EDT 2003

Alain,

I tend to agree with you as well. I'm not fond of too many
comments...actually makes the code more difficult to read in some instances.
I agree with the XP point of view. But, in the case of Xtalk especially,
sometimes the code will not explain itself, no matter how 'neatly' you state
it and a '#' sentence here or there sure comes in handy!

I sometimes code functions which are called from all over the place, and
usually I try and put a comment inside the function regarding where it's
being called from...just in case I change it later, I want to know what the
possible 'impact' is. Currently it's difficult for me to find all
'referring' handlers to a function (any ideas anyone?)

best,

-Chipp