Metacard for Web Applications

Rodney Tamblyn rodney_tamblyn at yahoo.com
Mon May 12 18:19:35 EDT 2003

Hello everyone,

I am starting to put a page together which will sumarise the current
approaches to using Metacard for creating "web applications."

You can find the start of the page at:
http://radio.weblogs.com/0114573/categories/mc/metacardwebapps.html

In the meantime I'm interested in determining any known issues and
limitations with Metacard and CGIs.  I've started trying to list these
on the above page, but I'm sure there's lots more, please email me your
contributions!

I'm making and example MCCGILoader stack which will demonstrate how to
build an extensible CGI framework using Metacard stacks.  Should have a
first release of this ready in a day or two.

I'd be interested in an example script showing how to add binary data
to a postgreSQL database via database, eg user fills out form on web
page, attaches a file and submits.  MC CGI stack receives data, adds
file to database.

~ Rodney

--
Rodney Tamblyn