mpeg restarting problems

cteno4 cteno4 at earthlink.net
Tue May 6 20:07:54 EDT 2003

hi,

I'm having some problems making a mpeg file begin playing after being
paused. I can get the pause, but then when the paused is set to true the
file just sits there, sometimes jumping ahead after awhile and playing,
othertimes just sitting there. only way to clear it is to empty the
player.

this is happeing both with and without using quicktime on a PC in mc 2.5
on a P4 2.5ghz machine with 512mb ram all from harddrive.

Im wondering if this has to do with the encoding the client did with it,
i'm trying to find out how it was done.

any ideas?

thanks

jeff