OT PDF's

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue May 6 13:33:01 EDT 2003

Shari wrote:

> You'd think Apple could make this file backwards compatible.  Perhaps
> I could open them in OSX.  Classic Acrobat Reader does not recognize
> them.
>
> And I still do 99% of my computing in Classic.  I only go into OSX to
> compile apps for it, and test them, and to swap files with my new
> Windows network so that I compile apps for Windows :-)
>
> Twill be a long time before I can acquire all the apps for OSX, that
> I have in Classic.  6 GB of apps is a lot to replace.

Compile this lil' gem (originally posted by Jacque) in AppleScript to a
droplet, and drop any PDF onto it to set the type and creator code as
appropriate for the Adobe reader:

on open theFiles
    tell application "Finder"
        repeat with x in theFiles
            set the creator type of x to "CARO"
            set the file type of x to "PDF "
        end repeat
    end tell
end open

Note that the file type is the same; you should also be able to drop PDFs
onto an alias of the Acrobat Reader to open them.

I have dozens of these droplets all over my hard drive for changing Rev
files to MC, client data files to MC, MC files to Rev, etc.  Very handy.