Web programming tools

Dan Shafer dan at eclecticity.com
Thu May 1 16:05:05 EDT 2003

Mr X wrote:

>I must say I am really happy with PHPNuke: it's free, easy to install (well
>almost), . It's like HC as far as display structure.

Yeah, I know a couple of people who are very happy with PHPNuke. I prefer Zope because I prefer Python to PHP, but conceptually, a Content Management System like one of these can be a really useful thing.

A caveat: PHPNuke, as Mr X points out, relies on table-based layout, which is definitely deprecated and on the way out principally because maintaining the layouts is far too complex. I'd prefer a solution that allows me to use CSS.