TTS-AppleScript-AIFF with PC?

Mr X x at monsieurx.com
Thu May 1 15:55:11 EDT 2003

Im not using scripts but just a simple text file.
FruityLoops (from www.fruityloops.com now called www.flstudio.com) will
output your text with:
- easy to change voice personalities,
- Style (monotone, natural, sing, random)
- Mode (normal, breathy, whisper)
- Rate (BPM)
- Pitch (Any chord + octave shift)...

The file just contains:
<file>
[Speaker Settings]
Style=0
Personality=16
Pitch=139
Rate=155
VoicingMode=0
Text=Easy on_the_cut!
</file>

Then you can do all kinds of effects, including echos, scratches, vocoders
(robotlike voices), re-re-peats (fruity wrapper), and even re-do the voice
with the wave-traveler (see their website)...

Hope it helps. There's a fully working demo on Tucows... You could record
the output with some utility eventually but never tried (i bought Fruity
after 3 minutes of demo - it's like HyperCard for Music!)

cheers
Xavier