Web programming tools

Mr X x at monsieurx.com
Thu May 1 15:55:01 EDT 2003

I must say I am really happy with PHPNuke: it's free, easy to install (well
almost), . It's like HC as far as display structure. The logic behind it is
really nice and quite comparable to my XOS phylosophy to encapsulate the GUI
to deliver output as object blocks within an HTML document. The engine takes
care of the HTML, you just put in the data...

Getting into PHPNuke is not for the feeble hearted though but once you get
the hang of it, it's peanuts... PHP and mysql agogo. It's very well build
with modularity, customization and languages in mind. A very good example
for MC and RR scripters...

I started to make a cgi with MC to manage our SAN/NAS/backups, diskspace
monitoring/statistics, and even move shares around servers across world
locations, etc...  but it's on hold for the moment.

The system just encapsulates the HTML for you, and all you worry about is
the content... Im planning this for beginning June so I can't provide sample
scripts yet. The proof of concept works though... Intranet only sorry, no
web samples I can give out - banking secrecy laws oblige.

As far as layouts, the choice are not infinite. Most websites use a 1X1 gif
picture which is resized to accomodate frame sizes. You just have to worry
about the tables' structure... Then the layout is quite simplified.

hope it helps
Xavier