Type 2 errors

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 24 19:37:01 EST 2003

>Once you get the stack open, you should be able to figure out where
>the problem is.  You should also try this with the 2.5 beta 6 engine
>to see if it works on the unmodified stack.  If it still doesn't,
>please file a bug report when you figure out what the problem is: the
>engine should never crash like this unless you really do feed it bogus
>data (a corrupted image, etc.).
>   Regards,
>     Scott

It's actually a stack embedded in another, and both open, but crash
soon after.  I've separated the card from the stack, as it probably
should be separate anyway, and haven't had a chance to test it yet.
Both the card, and the embedded stack, have a LOT of images, stored
externally as .gif and .jpg files.  Both stacks have many, many image
objects, which are always in use (this is the nature of what I am
building).

I have several things to try, and will let you know the outcome.

If it makes a difference, I did notice that before it started
quitting with a type 2 error, for several days, an image would
flicker, almost as if there were an endless repeat loop, but no such
loop is in the code that was running.  Not always the same image
object.  At any rate, before going into too many details, let me see
if I can fix it.  If I cannot, I will send an official bug report
with all the details I can muster for you.

Thank you, Scott.
--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com