OSX console mode

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Thu Mar 20 13:18:00 EST 2003

andu a écrit :

> Does anyone know how to start OSX 10.2.x in console mode, that is, without
> the finder and all that UI.
>
> Regards, Andu Novac

Allo Andu,

I'm not sure about that because i did'nt try this for yet on my new
IBook2.2 but the best is probably to install Darwin+XFREE86+the Fink
ressource (Debian packages port available for both Darwin and MacOSX).

in beetwin : i'm searching for a good tutorial (aka a complete guide) in
how to install both linux (simple) and XFree86 (difficult) on my just
brought IBook 2.2. I was'nt for yet able to run XFREE because the
ATI-Raedon 7500 not supported by the regular Debian, YellowDog or Suse
distribs. After trying to compile the BenH 2.4.20-ben8 kernel (with
hangs up at the pcmcia-module install) and trying to install the
unstable issue of Debian (hanging again), i just got a Sony x86 Laptop
for the store and removed the IBook for my prefered Linux toys ;-(

Any idea ?

Best Regards, Pierre