mc as cgi -- ftp'ing .txt file

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Fri Mar 7 04:36:00 EST 2003

> kweto a écrit :
>
> Hello,
>
> Odd thing. Something seems to get lost/added to my mc-cgi scripts that
> are first typed as .txt on Windows and then ftp'ed/emailed to my
> Apache-Linux server (as .txt) , because I'm finding myself having to
> retype the whole thing (with gnu emacs) on the server.
>
> Any guesses about what's happening to the file during transit?
> Invisible characters, such as carriage returns? And, is there a safe
> way of transferring .txt files so that they stay as is?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Nicolas Cueto

Hello there,

You are true : there is problem when ".txt" files are saved under
windows if you are using uncleans win32 text editors, alike wordpad or
so. Try to find the one that will work properly and it will be ok with
your mc-cgi scripts.
--
Cordialement, Pierre Sahores

Inspection académique de Seine-Saint-Denis.
Applications et bases de données WEB et VPN
Qualifier et produire l'avantage compétitif