HTMLText problem and OS X Services

Karl Becker karl at karlbecker.com
Sat Mar 1 13:45:01 EST 2003

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to save and read HTMLText, and it works fine - except that
when I open HTML Text I've saved, MetaCard inserts a "<p></p>" (an open
paragraph and close paragraph pair of tags) at the beginning of the
file, creating a blank line at the top every time.  Why is it doing
this?  I do add some html headers to the top of the HTMLText of the
field I'm writing to disk, but I don't think that should be interpreted
as a <p></p> by MetaCard.

Also, are there any plans to enable Mac OS X services in MetaCard?
Having stuff like a built-in spell checker in fields would be
absolutely awesome.

Thanks,
Karl