Quitting takes forever

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 31 12:48:00 EDT 2003

I've got a stack with a lot of big arrays.

When I quit Metacard with this stack open, it takes about a minute to
actually quit out of Metacard, you can hear the computer grinding
away doing things.

Even after, it seems that Metacard stays in memory.  Because for the
next couple of minutes, everything I do on the computer is slooooow.
Even simple things that are usually instantaneous.

The stack doesn't have a save routine.  It doesn't do anything
special when you quit out of it.  I've put closeStack,
closeBackground, etc. handlers so that it doesn't call on Metacard's.
I've emptied out the biggest globals (arrays) in the closeCard
handler.

Yet when I quit Metacard, something just grinds away in the
background.  All the windows close, the Metacard menu bar is visible,
and I see a blank desktop (the desktop background, but no desktop
icons or anything), and I can hear the computer busily grinding away
at something.

Any thoughts?

Shari C
--