converting MC project to Rev

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Jul 21 01:11:00 EDT 2003

>> Getting on the bandwagon, just converted a 60-stack project
>> from MC to Rev. Went reasonably well. Most script changes
>> were converting file name references from .mc to .rev...

> Thanks for posting this... it will be useful to keep track of the
> MC-to-Rev conversion issues as people move to Rev from MC...

Related:  I haven't tested this with 100% certainty, however, I often
noticed that opening an MC-created stack sporting a custom windowShape
within Rev resulted in a non-selectable/accessible stack.  In other words,
the opened stack was visible but could not be clicked on or otherwise moved
or edited with the pointer tool.  The only way to solve this appeared to be
to save the stack from within Rev and close it (Rev might also need to be
quit and relaunched).  Once the stack had been saved with whatever
properties/formatting Rev applies, the stack responded as expected.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design