Controlling/comunicating w/ USB devices

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Jul 17 11:48:01 EDT 2003

On Thursday, July 17, 2003, at 08:50 AM, Ben Rubinstein wrote:

> More generally, has anyone yet managed to communicate
> with a USB device in MetaCard or Rev - and if so, could they share
> their
> experience?

I have opened a serial port implemented on a usb device, but I have not
opened a control pipe (or whatever the usb jargon is).  I would expect
you want to open something that looks like
"\\.\blah-blah-usb-blah-blah" on Windows or "/dev/blah-blah-usb-blah"
on OS X.  I have heard that some usb devices have a view that looks
like a serial port to make tinkering easier.

If you are interested in opening a serial port on a usb device, I can
tell you more.

Dar Scott