CD update...

Richard MacLemale rmaclema at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Jul 11 19:17:00 EDT 2003

On 7/11/03 5:14 PM, Shari <gypsyware at earthlink.net> wrote,

> Subject: RE: CD update...
>
>> Yes, would be much better to put them in a form that anybody (who uses a
>> REAL operating system) would recognize such as .tar.gz
>>
>> -Glen
>
> You and my fella would get along well.  He is a high level IBM tech
> support dude.  When the field techs can't figure it out, they call
> in.  And when THOSE guys can't figure it out, they call my fella :-)
>
> And he uses those exact rotten words about my computer....
>
> ;-)
>
> So he went and bought a Compaq laptop just so that I could compile
> for REAL computers too ...

Boy am I GLAD to see a Mac vs. PC thread.  NOT!

All kidding aside, I think any serious computer user would think that
Apple's OS X is a huge improvement over the old Mac OS.  My best friend is a
UNIX snob who only ran Linux at home, and once in a while Windows when he
had to.  And he always slammed the Mac as a toy.  After OS X came out, he
went out and bought two iMacs for his home.

--
:)
Richard MacLemale