Why maintain Metacard

Richard MacLemale rmaclema at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Jul 11 16:27:00 EDT 2003

Scott Raney and others who answer my questions,
Thanks for the clarification.  That makes more sense.  So we should think of
the "license" as basically being able to write long scripts.  What threw me,
but what I didn't put in the last message, was that with the Darwin MetaCard
engine, there IS no script limit for CGI scripts.  I remember discussing
this on the list like a year ago... I was surprised that you could write any
length CGI script you wanted and the Darwin MC engine would run it, and
wondered if that was a mistake, and Scott (Raney) said no, no mistake,
basically.

I wonder if this will continue under Rev?  I also wonder where the Darwin
(OS X) engine for Rev is on their downloads page.  There's no OS X or Darwin
engine of Rev listed for downloading...

I've spent 90% of my time with MetaCard doing CGI work, lately.  MetaTalk is
the coolest language around for CGI scripting, especially under OS X.
Hopefully this will continue in the same manner under Revolution.

--
:)
Richard MacLemale