Moving the MC IDE forward

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 11 14:14:00 EDT 2003

>But for those who have been using MC for a long time, the extra
>palettes, libraries, and interface elements can get in the way.
>Someone mentioned speed, and that's a consideration too; it does
>take somewhat longer for Rev's palettes to load and display their
>data -- noticeably more time than the equivalent MC palettes. I can
>think of two examples of how Rev slows my work, both of which I ran
>up against yesterday, and which caused me to simply switch my
>working environment from Rev to MC for that session.

This brings up a question.  I remember when I initially tested Rev
vs. MC, Rev required a LOT more memory.  Now if I have a project, and
compile it in Rev, and MC, will it require more memory in Rev?

I would assume so, as all the MC stacks I currently embed in my
standalones, would now have to be Rev stacks if compiled in Rev.

My new project takes awhile to load in MC.  Presumably for the 2000
objects on one card (and nope, this won't be changed, though the
public release will not be as bloated, this stack is just for me).

I wonder what Rev would do to it?

Shari C
--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--