CD update...

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 11 13:52:00 EDT 2003

>  > One last solution for you to use the cd in a protected manner as you wish:
>
>>  Put a 300MB semi-random file on your cd and read a part of it with known
>>  data. Users wont copy that file onto their drives and it ensures the cd is
>there.
>
>Once they discover that it won't run without the 300MB file, the heck they
>won't put it on their hard drive! Also, I don't think Shari really cares
>that the CD is there (i.e. for content or anything), but is mearly using it
>as an impediant to piracy, which I personally think it won't be.
>
>-Glen

Actually the issue is partly piracy, and partly file size issues for
a different project.  I do have projects on the table that will be
big enough that it would be ridiculous for folks to download them.
Hence, a CD will be necessary.

Where they might install the program on their HD, the huge files it
will need would be stored on the CD.

Shari C
--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--