CD update...

Yates, Glen JAMES.G.YATES at saic.com
Fri Jul 11 12:39:00 EDT 2003

> One last solution for you to use the cd in a protected manner as you wish:

> Put a 300MB semi-random file on your cd and read a part of it with known
> data. Users wont copy that file onto their drives and it ensures the cd is
there.

Once they discover that it won't run without the 300MB file, the heck they
won't put it on their hard drive! Also, I don't think Shari really cares
that the CD is there (i.e. for content or anything), but is mearly using it
as an impediant to piracy, which I personally think it won't be.

-Glen