Getting the system profile

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Fri Jul 11 04:21:00 EDT 2003

Totally surprising that I DID find it on Win2000 and furnished the path
isn't it?

My test was based on the shell returning the info which it didn't but now
I know
you could use mci instead...

Total cheers
Xavier

On 11/07/2003 09:49:18 metacard-admin wrote:
>MisterX writes:
>[snip]
>>

>> sorry
>>
>> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared>msinfo32
>> 'msinfo32' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
>> operable program or batch file.
>>
>> can't be retrieved from a vanilla mswin2000
>
>Totally not surprising that you don't find msinfo32.exe on Win2000; I
think
>winmsd.exe is still used. If you carefully read what I posted, "BTW, WIN
XP
>pro uses msinfo32.exe in place of winmsd.exe"... No mention of Win2000,
is
>there?
>
>Find it here in Win XP pro
>C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MSInfo\msinfo32.exe
>
>> but im interested if you find it...
>> it's also an msc so maybe with vbs...
>>
>> but why go that far?
>
>Maybe because the output includes some of the info Shari requested? Here
is
>a slice of it:
>
>Drive          E:
>Description    CD-ROM Drive
>Media Loaded   no
>Name           CD-ROM Drive/G6D
>Status         OK
>
>Drive          F:
>Description    CD-ROM Drive
>Media Loaded   no
>Name           YAMAHA CRW3200E
>Status         OK
>
>Notice it reports on BOTH of my CD-ROM drives, whether there is media
>loaded, the status of the drive, etc., all things that Shari can use.

Information.

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of its affiliates or subsidiaries.

END OF DISCLAIMER