2 upgrades are guaranteed

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Jul 10 23:53:00 EDT 2003

RCS wrote:

> I don't think this has been discussed enough. As someone
> who just paid $300 for :
>
> "free access to all MetaCard updates that are released or go to
> beta within that 1 year period. At least 2 upgrades are guaranteed
> to be released within the duration of each subscription."
>
> i feel like this is being swept under the rug. We need an official
> response so we can decide our course of action.
>
> What about the bugs that still exist? What if Apple's 'Panther' breaks
> something?

That's a good question.  One of the reasons Scott has such a rabidly loyal
following is that he's quite speedy with the incremental upgrades (e,g.,
2.4.2 to 2.4.3), but generally only enforces a reg key change with a major
version chage (e.g., 2.4.3 to 2.5).

Will RunRev change this long-established practice?

And will the frequency of new releases be faster or slower than before?  For
example, will the MC engine be released as soon as it's ready or held back
for the Rev IDE to be updated for it?